Monday, March 14, 2016

Blog #7

Starting with the “remember” level of Bloom’s Taxonomy, I would use repetitive slides and graphics on PowerPoint to help students remember the material. I can help them “understand” the material by making a different slide for each concept and within those slides go into detail and elaborate on each point or term. Doing this will help them get a better understanding of the material, apart from simply remembering. I would insert links to videos on the slides that serve as examples of the material, so students can “apply” the material to real life examples or situations. I would also insert graphs and charts on the slides, so the students can “analyze” the information by comparing/contrasting it to other pieces of information. Students can “evaluate” the material by openly discussing the material presented in the PowerPoint. Because of the PowerPoint and the discussion it led to, students can then “create” their own original work or idea related to the material. 

Adaptive technologies are used by students with physical or learning disabilities. These technologies help all students receive the equal education they deserve through assistive educational tools. Recorded books are an example of this type of tool because it allows students who are blind or students who have trouble reading follow along with the book. Other examples of adaptive technology include word-predication software, scan/read systems, alternative keyboards, etc. There are some challenges that come with using this assistive technology. One challenge is that it requires more time and training for teachers. Another challenge is integrating this technology into the lesson for these students who need the extra help. The teacher needs to think more creatively when it comes to using this technology in the classroom. 

This Web Page Design assignment helped me practice my creative skills with displaying information in a way that is easy to follow and understand. I really liked the creative freedom we had on this assignment because it allowed me to design the page however I liked and about whatever subject and grade level I wanted to focus on. I can improve the website by making it more aesthetically pleasing and adding more information that could benefit the parents and students who will be using my site. This assignment can help me for my future career because I can use it as a real website for my future class. It was surprisingly easy to navigate and I think it can be very useful for me, my students, and their parents in the future. Here are screenshots of my website, which you can find at melaniegonza.weebly.com :






2 comments:

  1. Looking at your website, I really like all of the different pictures and the amount of pictures you used throughout it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your web page design! It is neat and organized but still looks creative with all the big pictures you posted.

    ReplyDelete