Monday, April 4, 2016

Blog #10

I think I will definitely be using Data Collection tools to record grades, such as test scores and homework or other assignment points. I can also use Data Collection tools to create charts for my visual learners when teaching any statistical information or compare/contrast material. I think Excel is a great program for making charts because you can easily type up the numerical content and it will create any type of chart you want by the touch of a button. Excel can also be useful for calculating statistical information easily and quickly through its formula feature. I will most likely use Data Collection for my own records and organization, as well as to create sheets that my visual learners can appreciate when studying scientific or mathematical statistics. The grade level matters when considering the complexity of the graphs I will be making. For elementary classes I will need to make the charts or graphs as simple and easy to follow as possible.
The topics I found most interesting when reviewing my classmates blogs were the ones in which they would discuss their experiences with our assignments. I like being able to read about how other people did on their assignments and compare it to my experience. I also love being able to see the finished products of my classmates' work, because sometimes it gives me ideas on how to make mine better in the future. I enjoy being able to relate to my peers and at the same time I also like reading very different perspectives because it broadens my understanding of the technology we've been using.  
I think the technology related skill I would most like to learn next would be more along the lines of video creating and editing. There are many videos out there so I'm sure I won't have trouble finding some that relate to what I'm teaching, but I think it will be interesting to be able to make my own videos for my class that relates to the subject I'm teaching. I also think it would be useful to teach my students this kind of technology so they can even make their own videos relating to the material being taught and share it with the rest of the class.
I can achieve my future educational technology-related goals by taking advantage of the resources FSU provides us. I can visit the sandbox classroom again, as well as the digital studio that is available for all students. By using these resources I can continue to enhance my tech-knowledge and keep discovering new useful computer techniques for my future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment